Bridging the Tamar Learning Alliance and All Saints Teaching School are working in partnership to bring you a Leadership Development programme aimed specifically at female and BME leaders and maternity returners. The Equality and Diversity in Leadership programme is for aspirational leaders who are in the early stages of their leadership pathway and are seeking further middle or senior leadership roles. The aim of the programme is to inspire, inform and explore leadership journeys in order to ensure that under represented groups have confidence to apply for that next step promotion.
The programme is open to both secondary and primary colleagues.
The programme has been funded from the DfE which is aimed at addressing the fact that BME and female teachers are under-represented in leadership positions. This is our third time of running this type of programme and we know that often confidence and exposure to what is possible are often barriers to taking the next step. We aim to address these areas within the programme.
Our programme is aimed at early middle leaders such as those who lead subjects or small scale projects and are seeking that next step promotion. The promotion can be internal and does not mean that applicants are expected to move schools.
We aim to inspire participants through visiting and meeting inspirational female leaders, exploring leadership competencies and hearing from national speakers. You will also be supported by a coach three times within the year long programme. You will be able to learn about different leadership approaches in order to help you shape the type of leader you wish to be. We ask you, where possible, to pin your learning to a school improvement project that you might be leading within your own school. This will help you apply, try out and reflect upon leadership skills and styles.
The programme is an exciting, yet challenging experience for leaders who wish to take the leap and develop their confidence and expertise.
If you are unsure about the next steps in your career pathway, or are lacking confidence or clarity about the next step or you just want to be inspired, then this is the programme for you! There is no course project, it is about leaders coming together to learn from others, be inspired and have time for personal reflection and development through the support of a personal coach. By the end of the programme you will be ready to apply for that next step promotion either within your own school/organisation or beyond.
The criteria for applicants:
- You will be able to identify the type of role you would like to apply for by July 2019
- You will have started to apply for next step promotion by July 2019
- You will commit to completing the programme.
- Whilst the programme is funded it does not cover supply. Your headteacher will need to agree to release you for the face to face sessions.
- 100% attendance at face to face sessions
- A willingness to be an active participant in discussions and be open to coaching sessions.
Benefits for participants:
- A clear understanding of ‘leadership’ in its different forms
- An introduction to some leadership tools
- Time to reflect and support from a coach
- Opportunity to see inspirational leaders in action
- Face-to-face learning
- A session with Viv Grant (Integrity Coaching)
- Support in planning your leadership pathway
- Be ready to take on a leadership post within your school/Trust
- An increased confidence and clarity about your next step.
Programme Outline and Dates
- Application Deadline Friday 12th October
- Participants will be informed if they were successful by 2nd November
- Launch Event Thursday 22nd November 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Viv Grant Integrity Coaching Wednesday 16th January – 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Accountability and Holding to Account Tuesday 26th February 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Inspirational Leadership in Action (school visit) – Spring 2 (date TBC) half day visit.
- Closing Event Thursday 27th June 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Each participant will be provided with a coach and can book three 1-hour sessions, at their convenience, throughout the course of the programme.