There are many CPD packages and resources available to target specific conditions and help develop programmes in schools. However, ‘Leading a Mentally Healthy School’ aims to provide something different!
This day will support SLTs and result in a clear understanding of what needs to be done to ensure good mental health. This day will also support school leaders to develop a strategic approach to addressing and improving their current provision for good mental health.
Participants will come away with a greater awareness of how promotion of good mental health is developed and plans are created and realised resulting in mentally healthy schools for all.
- To enable and empower SLT to put mental health at the heart of
strategic school improvement
- To equip senior leaders with practical and sustainable approaches
that can be implemented on return to school
- To support CPD for SLT on mental health to reduce stigma and improve the conversation around mental health
- Module 1: Building the picture: mental health and mental fitness. Subject knowledge. Signs and symptoms.
- Modules 2: Ethos, Culture and Strategic Leadership
- Modules 3: Policies and Procedures
By the end of the training delegates will:
- Have a basic understanding of the mental health challenges of young people
- Have a strategic plan for developing their schools mental wellbeing approach
- Devised or refined new policies focusing on mental wellbeing
- Further identified any CPD needs
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.