To be eligible for our School Direct programme, the following qualifications, experience and attributes are required:
- A UK undergraduate honours degree or a recognised equivalent qualification at 2.1 or above. Consideration will be given to applicants with a 2:2.
- GCSE Grade Cs or above in Science, English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Candidates will have successfully completed the Professional Skills’ tests in Literacy and Numeracy by the end of the summer term 2017 and prior to their September start.
- Complete a declaration regarding any criminal convictions, clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau regarding suitability to work with young people and a fitness to teach declaration.
- Have relevant experience of at least 10 days of observing and working alongside teachers in a school setting and evidence of why teaching is the career for them.